With over a billion smartphone users in India and over five billion smartphone users worldwide, almost every household now has a smartphone, if not every household. Most of these users are using Android or iPhones to keep their data safe like images, videos, files etc. it has become a choice of users to keep their phones safe with finger out scanner or face unlock. As a backup, all smartphones ask for a pattern, PIN or password.
As most users frequently use fingerprint scanner or face unlock, some users may forget their registered pattern/pin/password before some time. Or, you’ve just picked up an old phone to use after a few months or years and forgot the password or pattern. In such cases, unfortunately, there is no way to recover your data (unless you remember your password or PIN) without factory resetting your device.
In this article, we will see how to unlock a smartphone through hard reset using Find My Device, and we will also see how to unlock using third-party apps. We will cover Android and iOS users.
How to Unlock Your Smartphone by Hard Reset:
The first and easiest way to unlock your smartphone is to perform a hard reset. If this method, you can follow other method mentioned below. It does not require internet connection or PC or USB cable, all operations can be done by using only smartphone
- Press and hold the Power key
- Tap “Power Off”.
- Press and hold the Power and Volume Down buttons once the phone is completely off
- Hold these buttons until you feel a vibration and keep holding them until you see the logo and your phone will enter recovery mode.
- Let go of the buttons when the screen turns on
- On the next screen, you will be asked to enter the pattern
- Tap the “Forgot Password” option below the pattern
- You will get a message saying “You will lose everything” (music, pictures, etc.).
- Click “OK” to start the factory reset process
- Your phone will erase all data and restart after deleting all data
- Set up the device from scratch, including adding your Google account, apps, photos, songs, etc.
How to Unlock Your Smartphone Using Third-Party Apps
If you are unable to unlock and reset your phone using the above steps, you can do so by following the steps mentioned below and using the following apps.
- Using the WonderShare Drfone app
- Download the PC app available for Windows/ Mac
- Install and open the app
- Select the “Screen Unlock” option (this will download the module)
- Click on “Unlock Android screen/FRP” option
- Select “Open Android Screen”.
- Connect your Android phone to your computer
- The app matches your phone’s model number, installs the environment, downloads the build, and checks the file automatically
- After completing these steps, click on “Unlock Now” on the next screen, this will remove all data from your phone and factory reset the device.
This app allows you to unlock the iOS screen, but the steps are similar to the ones we mentioned earlier for iTunes.