As the government is currently planning to give money as Pongal gift to the ration card holders through their bank accounts, the government has issued a new instruction for those who have not linked Aadhaar with their bank accounts in the scheme of giving Rs.1,000 to the ration card holders.
Pongal festival is going to be celebrated in January 2023 in Tamil Nadu. On the occasion of this festival, the government will give a ‘Pongal gift’ package to the ration card holders every year. Out of which, rice, dal, jaggery, sugarcane, turmeric and other grocery items like vetti and sarees are being given to the ration card holders.
It has been reported that this year the vetti and sarees that will be given as Pongal gifts will be distributed to people in new designs. In this situation, it has been reported that the government is planning to give money as Pongal gift to the ration card holders through their bank accounts. In that regard, the government has issued a new instruction for those who do not link Aadhaar with their bank account in the scheme of giving Rs.1,000 to ration card holders.
According to a recent survey, it is reported that 14,84,582 family card holders who have bank accounts in Tamil Nadu are currently not linked with Aadhaar number.
How to Link Aadhaar with Bank Account?
Linking of Aadhaar number with bank account can be done easily online and offline. Aadhar number can be linked with bank account in 5 ways. Instructions on how to do this are given below.
Ways to Link Aadhaar Card Directly Through Bank Branch:
One of the easiest ways is to go directly to your bank branch. Then, you need to carry your original Aadhaar card. Once there, follow these steps:
- Fill the Aadhaar linking application form.
- Provide your Aadhaar number and bank account details.
- Now, attach self attested copy of Aadhaar card.
- Submit the form to the bank employee. After verification, your bank account will be linked automatically.
- An SMS will be sent to your registered mobile number to inform you about the connection.
Ways to Link Aadhaar Card with Bank Account through Mobile App:
Many major banks allow you to link your Aadhaar number with your bank account through their mobile app. For this procedure, you need to have your bank’s app downloaded on your mobile.
- Open the banking app and click on Requests/Services or any other similar option.
- Now, choose Aadhaar Number/Link Aadhaar or any other similar option.
- Select the account you want to connect. Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number. Accept the terms and conditions.
- Now, click on Confirm or Update.
- Once your Aadhaar number is linked with your bank account, an SMS will be sent to your registered mobile number.
Ways to Link Aadhaar Card with Bank Account through Online Net Banking:
If you don’t want to visit a branch, there is another convenient way to link Aadhaar card with bank account.
- Login to your net banking account.
- Select the Aadhaar Link option.
- Fill the details and submit.
- After verification, you will receive an SMS of successful Aadhaar card linking to bank account.